Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oshkosh Bound...

Well, if everything goes OK, we should be on the flightline at OSH AirVenture on Friday morning.

We're driving...not a long trip from here, about 180 miles each way, a three hour tour...and should leave the house around 4:00AM and stop for breakfast along the way.

Last time we went was a couple of days before my stroke...and when I found out I was a diabetic. Sooooo, it's an emotional time for me. When we were there the last time, I wondered why it was so difficult for me to walk around. I just felt "off" and not normal. Well, a few days later, I found out why. Hope this time is very different.

I just have two "must sees:" one, is the Boeing 40B; the other is the LSA "Mall." Anything else is "gravy." (Hmmm, so many quotes.)

I'll just take it easy and see how much walking I can do. I've been walking every day from home to Clarendon Hills village and back to get fit enough to walk around up there. In fact, when I'm done with this post, I'm off on my walk as it's getting REALLY HOT around here. Mid to high 80's today with 90's on the weekend. Well, it IS the first weekend of August, after all.

I plan to take and post as many pictures as I can. So we'll see how that works out.

Read on the EAA website in the article about the WhiteKnight2 rollout at Mojave Spaceport that they plan on taking WK2 to AirVenture next year (2009) and that at some later date to launch a suborbital flight during AirVenture...maybe 2010? FUN! Gotta plan to be there...along with several hundred thousand of my closest friends.

I got nothing else to say...gotta walk.

A hui hou...

No comments: